Need a member-driven website for your non-profit or foundation? Looking to manage multiple levels of user access, member-created content, user profiles, organization events and more? Yeah, you can do that. And, ExpressionEngine’s native member capabilities get even better when paired with Calendar and Profile:Edit, meaning you don’t have to abandon your design to get the functionality you want.
- Session Three
- 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Chris Newton, MightyBigRobot
- Greg Ferrell, Solspace
- Jessica D’Amico, Just Jess
We see the same types of needs over and over again.
- EE is a strong choice for organizations, foundations and non-profits.
- Access control based on user groups.
- Varied levels of member access.
- User groups and template privileges.
- Varied types of member creation and activation.
- Fine tuned levels of control on the back-end (templates / modules).
- Native EE member import
- CSV / XML utility
- Reality of most groups - this is how they have their member data.
Profile:Edit vs User vs Zoo Member. Three choices for member management.
Profile:Edit allows you to use channels as member data.
- Changing the game for users with Profile:Edit.
- Pulls member-related content out of the traditional member fields and into the channel.
- Editing becomes a simple process for users on the front-end.
- Utilities makes your life easier.
- Import your users > create their profile entries in one fell swoop.
- Eliminate the concept of “Member Templates and Member Fields.
- Native EE > channel entries for basic event / calendar.
- There’s got to be a better way.
- Solspace: Calendar
- Real repeating events with all sorts of controls.
- Front-end editing and event creation.
- Code Pack, included with Calendar gives a good starting point.
- Front End event form allows users to add events.
- Group Permissions to allow entries based on groups